[SOLVED] Problem with Apostrophe ...

rsammy

i am entering data in a field on screen.

i update patients info on a screen. i enter Jay's restaurant in one of the fields. the next screen is a confirmation screen that shows Jay\'s as the value entered for this field.

however, in the database, it is stored properly. when i do a qeury and pull this patient up the next time, it shows up as Jay's!!!

how do i prevent it from showing Jay\'s on the confirmation screen?

thanx for replying guys!

this is what i'm doing in the confirmation page...

$PatientEmployer=$_POST["PatientEmployer"];

shud i change this to...

i tried that but, it gives a my_sql error. it shows up correctly on the confirmation page as Jay's  - but does not store it in the database!!!

how do i disable magic_quotes_gpc ???

rsammy, I cant differentiate between this:
and this:

oh, and dont use stripslashes() with mysql database, because it automatically strips the slashes, so there will be a syntax error if there arent any slashes before " ' ", so you should stripslashes() in the confirmation page where you are trying to show your users their entries instead of using them to store data into mysql.
you might be able to find the magic thingy in your user control panel your host provides you.
Ted.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.