Please help I am at my wits end

anant

Hi,

This may sound easy for all of you all. I am using D-Link Di-524 router. I have Apache 2.2 installed on my computer. I want to access it from the internet. When I go to 192.168.0.166, I get my apache "It works!" page. However I try to go from internet address 59.164.36.XXX (from www.whatismyip.com) then I am unable to get the page. I have tried GRC Shield website and it says that port 80 is blocked. I use the D-link administration and added a new virtual server:

Name: Apache
Private IP: 192.168.0.166
Protocol Type: TCP
Private Port: 80
Public Port: 80
Schedule: Always

But still the GRC shield website says that port 80 is blocked. Now what to do? I cant think of any solution. Please help at the earliest.

Thank you,
Anant

are you testing this from inside your network?  If you are you may find that it works fine outside.  Your router may be getting a little confused by the fact that its dealing with its self!  If this dosent work it is likly to be one of two things. Either as wildteen88 mentions you need to configure your router to enable port forwording, or a firewall on the server its self is objecting. (could be restricting the ip range, or subnet).

Let us know how you get on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.