Need help building a contact form

Dilip

Hi, I am building a website and trying to add a contact form to the " Contact " page. I hope I will be able to add a standard contact forum with anti-spam measures like CAPTCHA. Would be nice if someone could suggest a tutorial which I can use. A YouTube video will be great. Thanks.

sadly, a significant portion of the programming information found on the web is poor quality, in that it lacks security, for every context, provides a poor User eXperience, is filled with unnecessary code that doesn't contribute to a goal, some of which actually helps hackers/bots, and because it lacks error handling and validation logic, my work under prefect conditions, but won't work and won't tell you why when anything goes wrong. you can examine the code examples on the web to get the gist of how you can do things, but you must insure that the code you produce works in an expected way for all possible conditions.

so, well written code is secure, in every context, provides a good User eXperience, making it clear what the user can do at each step, and if they do something that didn't work, that's under their control, what they can do to correct the problem, uses simple code that's not filled with unnecessary typing and logic, and has error handling and validation logic, so that it will log problems for you (the site owner/developer) and display relevant messages for the visitor when something doesn't work.

you have three threads on this forum from the end of last year related to a contact form. did any of that lead to working code? in one of my replies, i posted a list of practices, one of which was a suggested layout of code for a single page solution. did you make use of any of that information?

Edited by mac_gyver

Posted (edited)

Hi, thanks for the reply. My attempts so far ended up in contact forms that are not so perfect. That is why I thought of making this topic. There is one that works, comes with CAPTCHA, but I get a lot of human spammers. I guess I have to live with it. I asked here because someone will be able to suggest a "something close to perfect " video or tutorial.

Edited by Dilip

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 3:10 AM, Dilip said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. My attempts so far ended up in contact forms that are not so perfect. That is why I thought of making this topic. There is one that works, comes with CAPTCHA, but I get a lot of human spammers. I guess I have to live with it. I asked here because someone will be able to suggest a "something close to perfect " video or tutorial.

Hi.

Not much into contact forms myself but just did a quick google.

6 years old but might give you ideas:

https://github.com/SH1R3F/Contact-Form---PHP-OOP

• Thanks 1