phpBB includes

flippy

I've installed Red Hat and XAMPP, now I'm trying to install phpBB2. 

I'm able to see all of the XAMPP info and phpinfo() but when I try to open install.php I receive the following errors:

Warning: include(./../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 314

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 314

Warning: include(./../includes/constants.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 322

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 322

Warning: include(./../includes/functions.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 323

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/functions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 323

Warning: include(./../includes/sessions.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 324

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/sessions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/lib/php') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 324

I was able to connect to the database using http://loalhost/phpbb2/contrib/dbinformer.php so I think php is usable, there must be another setting that is incorrect.  I'm sure that it's looking for includes, but I'm not sure where they are or what I can do to fix it.

The errors are caused by the first error, which is this:
Warning: include(./../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2/install/install.php on line 314

That error message means PHP is unable to find a file called extension.inc in the root of the phpBB folder (/opt/lampp/htdocs/phpbb2). Check that you have extracted all the contents correctly. Or just create a new file called extension.inc and add the following contents to it:
[code]<?php
/*************************************************************************** 
*                              extension.inc
*                            -------------------                       
*  begin                : Saturday, Feb 13, 2001
*  copyright            : (C) 2001 The phpBB Group
*  email                : support@phpbb.com                         
*  $Id: extension.inc,v 1.5 2002/04/04 11:52:50 psotfx Exp $
***************************************************************************/

if ( !defined('IN_PHPBB') )
{
die("Hacking attempt");
}

//
// Change this if your extension is not .php!
//
$phpEx = "php";

$starttime = 0;

?>[/code]
All should now be well.

Yes,

I must have missed something, install.php worked, but now I got the same error for sql_parse.php after I inputted the instal info.  You have a directory listing of what files should be there?  That way I'll know if I have them all.

-flip

Re-download phpBB from phpbb.com (get the full package not the upgrade package).

[url=http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=phpbb&filename=phpBB-2.0.22.tar.gz&use_mirror=osdn]click here[/url] to download phpBB.

When you downloaded phpbb re-extract phpBB to /opt/lampp/htdocs/ overwriting existing files/folders.

Thanks!!

It worked, but now I have another problem...

I was able to restore my board to the previous state, but everytime I log in/out I'm sent to page not found HTTP 404 error.  I've checked for the file that it's looking for in the adress: http://172.25.6.92/phpbb2/login.php it's there.  Anyone ever had this problem?

-flip

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.