Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "mysqli" not found in C

hamzi

This keeps popping up after I try to connect to a databse. This is a user registration/login project. Was trying to push my details into the database and that appears every single time.

I have tried all possible methods like chaning the extension=mysqli, un-semicoloning it and what not. It still doesnt work. Please help me. Or just provide me with another alternate way to work with my php and sql project. I am using XAMPP right now. Thanks.

Check phpinfo() output to ensure you are editing the php.ini file that is actually being used.

If it is the right one, check you really have the extension file and in the right folder.

edit...

PS Check you have PDO available - you'll be better off using that than mysqli.

Probably Barand has provided the way to debug this issue.  

Not a lot of people here use php with windows or xampp, and of those that do use windows, a lot have probably moved to docker and docker tooling with something like Laradock or DDEV.

One other thing to keep in mind, with xampp is that anytime you change anything in the php.ini file or any of the other configuration files, you need to restart apache.