Zend Debugger not working in Linux Kali with Apache and Zend Studio

wacky_jacky

Hey Hi,
  I read all the above conversation, now I'm facing the same problem, Previously I was using ubuntu in which I have installed xdebug for xampp and it was working fine but when I installed the kali linux and tried the same method its not working anymore I have edited and added the xampp's php.ini and the installed php.ini as mentioned above but still not working can anyone please help me in this. In addition I have mentioned the full path of xdebug.so file but still no result.
Thanks for your support in advance

Edited by requinix
message split from old thread

So... why are you using Kali Linux?  It's a distro designed for pen testing.

Why are you using Xampp?  It's an install kit that was built for people trying to put a LAMP stack on windows, where it is (for many reasons) rarely deployed in production.

Neither thing makes much sense to me, but if we just skip over those questions, Kali is based on Debian.    Debian has apt.  You can install the lamp stack directly using apt.  

"still not working" is not helpful for people.  What specifically is not working?

• Is xdebug available (verify via phpinfo()
  • How are you trying to configure xdebug?
    • Where/how is the [xdebug] section being loaded, and what are the contents of that section?

When you install php components from packages, these things tend to be setup for you, and changing configurations is also more sensible.  Xampp is almost never used for production, which only complicates things, assuming that you are using Kali as a development workstation, for code you ultimately plan to deploy to a production environment running on linux.