Multi-Threaded 'merge' Update Query...

DaVuLf

Hey there,

I know this is something that is really easy to do in something like Access, so I'm hoping its easy to do with PHP as well. I'm running a SQL backend, but I think that since the code itself is PHP, this is the proper place to post.

Now then, I have a table set up as follows:

[code]
TEAM    FIELD  VALUE
[/code]

Pretty simple, I know. So the value can either be zero, or non-zero. What I need to do is to separate the non-zero entries, and then update them with values from another table. The problem is that a team could have more than one entry if it has different fields.

For example, team 1 has field 2,3 and 4, all with non-zero entries. However, team 1 also has field 1 and 5 with zero in them. This means that I would need to update the fields 2,3 and 4 for team 1 and leave the other two unchanged.

Now let's throw in some more complexity. I have a separate table for every field, they are all identical, and are as follows:

[code]
NUMBER  VALUE
[/code]
[sup]*The name of the table is field 'x' (where x denotes the number)[/sup]

I need to take the values at 'NUMBER' = 60, and put them in the other table to replace the ones I had previously. Essentially I'm matching the values in the first table with those in the second, while adding a few conditions.

I hope this was clear, if you have any further questions or need more elaboration, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
DaVuLF

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.