2 questions about POST

farris

i just recently finished making a website and got a webhost. when i did this i saw that they offer mailing list and i decided that i wanted to go back to the registration form to add in the mailing list part, which brings me to the first question. how do you post to 2 different locations? i need to post ALL the information to a php script that will add the users information to a database and then also separate the name and email to post to a cgi script. i know how to separate the data and such but im not sure how to post the information again. would the best way be to have a pop up or second page ask if the user wants to and have the information in hidden forms?

my second question is related to the login. i realized after i had scripted the login system it was based completely on cookies, accessing a single cookie everytime a page loaded and then using that information to check the login. so i decided to use along with cookies but later found out again that they store the id in cookies also, and that defeats my purpose of using sessions. i know how to use GET for sessions but i dont want to use that because of session hijacking. so is there anyway to use post for session ids?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.