Mysql Login Problem

shankar.t

i install WAMP on my win xp and I define Password  with default username as root while i am given the url http://localhost/phpmyadmin but it will automatically open with out asking username and password any one help me is there any configuration changes need.

Regards,
Shankar

By default PMA's (phpMyAdmin) uses the username/password defined in the configuration file (config.inc.php). If you wish to get a login box when you go to phpMyAdmin you will need change PMA's configuration. So go to phpMyAdmin find the following file named config.inc.php

Open that file up for editing and find the following line:
[code=php:0]$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']    = 'config';    // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?[/code]

change 'config' to 'http' instead. Save the config.inc.php file and relaunch PMA in the browser. You should now get a login window appear. Enter the username and password in to login to PMA

1).Now i get the Login box but here if at all i have given the wrong username and password that time also it will take to [b]PhpMyAdmin[/b] and in botttom it shows an error like

[b]The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using multibyte charset. Without mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.[/b]

so i looked in my php.ini file here for example mbstring.func_overload=0 like  four or five functions with mbstring so here also i tried i mean manually i enable those functions and restart the sevice but that time also the same error

2) If i tried PhpMyAdmin from my client system it thrown error as Access denied

please give me suggestion.

For mbstring error you just need to enable the mbstring extension. uncomment the following line:
[tt];extension=php_mbstring.dll[/tt]
To uncomment remove the semi-colon (;) at the beginning of the line. Save the php.ini and restart Apache.

Not sure what you mean for your second question. Need more info really.

Already i have done that work in php.ini [b]extension=php_mbstring.dll[/b],but afterwards also it thrown the same error.

[b]The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using multibyte charset. Without mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.[/b]

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.