Custom script in a WP template

AHA7

Hello,

I want to use a custom PHP script in my WordPress blog which uses the theme "mistylook-101". I want all the functions and variables set by WP to be defined in my custom script so that I can use functions like: get_header()... to apply the current theme to the custom script. What is the easiest way to do this?

I tried placing the script file in: /wp-content/themes/mistylook-101 and then tried to use the function get_header() and others but of course non would work because non are defined for this "stranger" script!
I also tried including some of the function files from wp-/includes/ but I got into a loop of "unable to open required file"...

PS. I don't want to use plugins because my script has many PHP files that interact with its index file, I want to place my script's index file in the current theme directory so that it can use the current template (this is the problem as non of the WP functions/vars are defined to this file) and at the same time it interacts with the rest of the script files that are placed in another directory.

Any help please?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.