php @mail function

atchua

i'm currently writing 2 scripts... 1 is for extracting records from the database and writes it onto an excel file while the second will just be called after the first script finishes. it will then get the written excel file and send it through the mail() function in php to different recipients.

the issue that i'm encountering is that sometimes the attachment that we receive is incomplete even though the actual file written is complete.  we are thinking of the following possibilities:

a) the second script sends the file even though the first script has not yet finished writing the file or
b) there is some certain limit on the size of the file attachment in the mail() function

i have been encountering this problem for weeks and haven't figure out the reason as to why sometimes the attachment receive is incomplete or /cut short.  have also tried inserting some delay in between the scripts but the same thing is observed.

thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.