Suggestions on how to archive old articles

AdRock

I have a content management system and some articles can get out-dated.

I don't want to delete the articles but would like to archive them somehow so I can create a link to view archived articles.

I am looking for suggestions on how i would do this.  Would I need to update the database by creating an extra field which decides if it is current or archive and displays only the current articles.

Any suggestions would be great

Update the SQL query to make it time sensitive.

Consider the following:

[code]
SELECT *
  FROM `your_table`
  WHERE DATE(`publish_date`) > DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL -30 DAY)
[/code]

This will give you all articles published in the last month.  You can you use the inverse to get articles published in the last 30 days.

Best,

Patrick

• 9 months later...

I have 2 solutions wich achieve the same objective. And please I am not an expert or anything

1. Yes u might have to alter ur DB and create a table that will contain all ur achieved articales

and right a small program that will check the DB for old articles on regular intervals and send those

which are old to the new table

2. The same as the first one difference is this time u don't alter your DB instead create a folder that will

House all the old articles and create a field in one of ur tables that will link to those articles

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.