MySQL GUI Tools Username Problem

SeanFromIT

Does anyone know how to stop the MySQL GUI tools from adding @yourhostname to the username that you type in the prompt?

Example: I type in correct username "user"

MySQL GUI Tools Connection errors out saying "user@ip.verizon.city.etc denied"

The denial is coming from the fact that it's adding @blahblah to my username.

[quote]The denial is coming from the fact that it's adding @blahblah to my username.[/quote]

No it's not, the problem is that your MySQL user table does not match the user. MySQL will always include @remote_host in the error or connection information. It has nothing to do with the real problem. If you setup a user, and that user is going to connect remotely, then you need to set the 'user' [b]Host[/b], to the [b]IP[/b] that will be connecting to the MySQL server. If the [b]IP[/b] is dynamic, or could change, then use [code]%[/code] a percent sign in the MySQL 'user' table column [code]Host[/code]. So any IP can connect, as long as they know the correct username and password!

printf

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.