Preg_replace to remove all except HTML and Alphanumeric

paladin_sh

Hey There,

I've having some trouble with Preg_Replace. I need it to remove everything except the Alphanumeric Characters of a string and the HTML.

I want anything between the HTML brackets to be allowed, despite the Removal of everything non-alphanumeric. This way I can sort it out with the tags() function to only allow the HTML I want.

I used this to remove Alphanumeric:

[code]$string = preg_replace("/[^A-Za-z1-9]/","",$string);[/code]

But I need that statment to ignore anything between HTML tags too.

Thanks for any help that is offered.

- Paladin

Thanks,

I read through the topic, and while I can remove HTML code, and mess around with the stuff inside it I can't get my script to remove everything 'except' the HTML. Let alone get it to remove everything except the HTML and the Alphanumerics. When I give it a try, removing everything but the HTML, it just removes all the spaces and leaves everything else. hehe.

I admit, Regex isn't my strong suit, and I am still learning quite a bit about it especially how it is used in PHP. I learn mostly by example.

I do appreciate the help so far though.

- Paladin

[code]
<pre>
<?php

$html = <<<HTML
<html>
<head><title>T%i#t*l@e!</title></head>
<body>
abcde 12345
<font color="red">|+_()*!@#$%</font>
</body>
</html>
HTML;

$html = preg_replace_callback(
'/(?<=>)([^<]+)/',
create_function(
'$matches',
'return preg_replace("/\W/", "", $matches[0]);'
),
$html
);

echo htmlspecialchars($html);

?>
</pre>
[/code]

If you want to preserve the whitespace, change[tt] /\W/ [/tt]to[tt] /(?![\s])\W/[/tt]. Also, note that the[tt] w/W [/tt]shorthand includes/excludes an underscore as well, so you may want to change this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.