javascript or ajax help please

r-it

i really need sum help on this one. i have a form which captures data 2 make a product rite, and a product is made of a combination of base items and the quantity is different for some, and some need 1. This is how the procedure goes, u hv 2 select a group(the data comes from mysql), then u write the prod name and then the base items shud b a list box with 2 columns(i dunno hw that is possible with php), and it is pre-populated with data from mysql and the product items are empty and i have to add the base items to make the product items, so each time i add a base item with the arrow, it populates in the other list box(which also has 2 columns) and each time a base item is added 2 the products and it is already in the product items list then it must update the quantity, and u can also remove an item from the product items list, so if the quantity was 3, u subtract one, ens. but u cant remove a base item from the list as it reads straight from the database. once all of that is done u can enter its price and save it. please note that this must happen without the page reloading, it must b like a desktop application and only javascript or ajax can do that, but all the scripts i read on ajax and js don't help me, please help sum1

the pic is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.