PHP/MySQL Select Statement Processing

bowlingtourneycom

Having issues coming up with the proper code/select statement.

My DB has three fields in particular. start_date_month, start_date_day, start_date_year.

I am trying to get results that are set to happen within a 2 week time period from today's date.

How would I go about coding this?

I did a $current_date = mktime(0,0,0, date('n'), date('d'), date('Y'));, but I am confused on how to get the right info from the DB.

Any help would be great!

I am I correct in thinking that you use 3 fields to store the date in your database ?
one field for year one for month and one for days ?

say you want to select the dates from january 2 2007 till 16 is easy
select * from table where year is 2007 and month is 01 and day is =< 02 and day is => 16

but you will run into trouble soon because not all the months have the same number of days.
I would suggest working with a date field in your database instead of the 3 separate fields.
that way you can use all the mysql date functions. (google for mysql date functions if you want to have an idea what is possible)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.