Roll Over

lilman

I want to learn how to create a drop down box when the mouse goes over text. I also would like to learn how to change the background to a <td> when a mouse goes over it. Someone here said the best way to learn is from Tutorials online as opposed to books, so I was wondering if anyone knew if any good tutorials that would show me how to do this.

Thank you

to change the background of a td:

<td id="myid">
    <a href="#" 
    onmouseover="document.getElementById('myid').style.backgroundColor = '#cccccc';">Change background color</a>

</td>

--changes to a gray background color on mouseover, use a similiar method with onmouseout.

Well i think no need of ajax there. You can do it with normal Javascripting....

I'm just glad it wasn't in the mysql forum or something ;)

As for the dropdown, if you want a select box, you'll have to put it in a div and alter its visiblilty. If you want just navigational links you can do that w/o any javascript by using css on <UL> elements.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.