}
@fclose($fp);

if( eregi('<item>(.*)</item>', $row, $rowitem ) ) {
$item = explode('<item>', $rowitem[0]);

for( $i = 0; $i < count($item) - 1; $i   ) {

eregi('<title>(.*)</title>', $item[$i 1], $title );
  eregi('<url>(.*)</url>', $item[$i 1], $url );
  eregi('<categorie>(.*)</categorie>', $item[$i 1], $categorie);

echo '<a href="' . $url[1] . '">' . $title[1] . '</a> - ' . $categorie[1] . '<br />';

}
}

?>

It depends on the feed. Imagine this. The 'feeder' site publishes an XML file that you pull into your site using the snippet of code. The XML file contains instructions to parse the last 25 tutorials added to their database which is added to daily by various authors, let's say. So, no matter what, each day as long as there are new tutorials published they will be fed to your site and displayed. New content. Simple.

You could have the XML set for the last 100 if you want. Just have to make sure you have room for them on your page. The other key is, you can use that same snippet in dozens of locations throughout your site (like category pages) and just have it call a different XML file relative to the topic you've placed it in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.