help please im a noob at this

cr0wbar

my problem is i dont know how to set up my apache server for my domain. i made nameservers thru this control panel manage.opensrs.net and my nameservers i made thru that are set to my apache server address my domain is americanteamfortress.com and my nameservers are dns.americanteamfortress.com and dns2.americanteamfortress.com and again i say both are set to my apche server ip and ALL i need to know is how to configure my server for this

• 2 weeks later...

Im still rather confused about what you are trying to do/have done...

The usual process is;

Buy a domain (amaricanteamfortress.com) I see you have gone with Ipower

alter your DNS record to reflect your static IP address. Usually through a web based control panel @ Ipower.com

The people you brought the domain off should host your DNS(nameserver) this is the system that links domain names to IP addresses.

Set up your apache to handle requests for www.amaricanteamfortress.com

I currently have my apache handling 5 domains with 5 virtual hosts. I don't have anything to do with dns other than changing my record to my IP address.

DNS is a rather complicated monster that you shouldnt have to go near(I havent dared yet). You would need it if, for instance, you wanted to use server1.amaricanteamfortress.com, server2.amaricanteamfortress.com server3.amaricanteamfortress.com etc etc Even then.....Im not sure.

Try to chill a bit....Its not that hard....honest :-)

i have every thing on my domain setup its just i dont know what files and how to edit in my apche server to where when someone goes to my domain it pulls up my apche server every thing in my web control panel for my dns is setup right

my dns servers that i made are set to my apche server ip ALL i need to know is how i configure my APACHE SERVER and handlers or wtf ever i have no idea wtf that is i mean hello newbish here

then pay someone dude! like me! It took me bout 6 months of hard work to get my head round hosting.

6 months unemployed living off beans. Do you know what it smells like when you only go out once a week to get more beans? I  used to have to stick my head down the toilet and flush to get fresh air cos I was so photophobic I couldnt go out in the day. Nights alone with nothing but PHP manuals to keep me warm. (they burn a treat).

Why do you want to do your own hosting anyhoo? Sounds like a momental pain in the ass, specially on windows!

And I still dont understand what your doing with nameservers?

With love and the attention of a puppy

Sarcastic bastard Brit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.