[SOLVED] MYSQL XP install:'MySQLInstanceConfig.exe fails when writing configuration file'

arianhojat

Basically have this bug...

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14649&thanks=3&notify=711

When installing MYSQL5.0.27 or 5.1.14 beta, i get this message at the end when doing the MySQL Instance Configuration...

MySQLInstanceConfig.exe fails with the following error (from the instance

configuration log file) when trying to write the my.ini file:

Configuration file template C:\MySql5\my-template.ini could not be processed and

written to C:\MySql5\my.ini. Error code -1.

Not sure Why my install keeps failing, I am runing a E6600 Dual Core, XP Pro, 2gigs RAM, machine and downloading standard MYSQL5.0.27, am i doing anything wrong?

Like maybe cause dual core chips have that 'extended 64 bit' support, should i theoretically compile a custom binary for my system since those binaries for for 32 bit, or doesnt matter?

Thanks in advance,

Been stuck on this problem for past month, Cant figure it out, googling doesnt help either.

Arian

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like windows was the problem and not that bug in the code itself. Windows was acting weird lately. Services not being able to start because of permissions. not being able to delete files off and on because of permissions. problem would go away then come back. Even though i was an in Administrators group and tried Administrator account as well. same issues. made the c: drive definatively Full Control for me, same problem still so...

reinstalled windows and i can install fine now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.