Shopping Cart Session Storing Help Is Needed!

ipwnzphp

Hello, I need some with something i cant seem to figure out at all. I'm using sessions and im trying to make this shopping cart work at http://www.nightmaredesigns.com/previews/halifaxgrocery/view_cart.php what is going on is that i cant seem to figure a way to store the products in the cart with out storing them in the shopping cart database in mysql. I have the shopping cart table storing the id of the product than pulling the info using a session to retrieve that data for that product. Now i could put these in a array correct? I mean but once u go back and hit add to cart again it needs to see that it needs to make a new row and not over write what is already stored there. Any ideas?

Newegg for instance uses a cookie to store shopping cart information.  Maybe go to newegg.com, add something to a cart then go to the folder your cookies are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Cookies and see how they do.  If it works for them it should work for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.