UPDATE query - Help Needed

netpants

OK I am trying to subtract 10% from the value of the uOffensiveMen Table if the value is greater than 10.

$db->query("UPDATE users SET uOffensiveMen=uOffensiveMen-(uOffensiveMen*0.10) WHERE uRace=1 AND uOffensiveMen>10");

I start with the value of 20 in my table and it subtracts 2 the first time, but then when I run it again it still subtracts 2, and run again it will only subtract 2 again over and over until the value is below 10.

What am I doing wrong?

Can you run the query manually to verify that it is in fact subtracting 2 every time?  You could try this out:

SELECT uOffensiveMen, uOffensiveMen*0.10 AS sub FROM users WHERE uRace=1 AND uOffensiveMen>10

And yes, I am interested in the other queries that surround that query :)  The entire script if possible, as long as it's not hundreds or thousands of lines.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.