PHP fails to load MySQL

Hey all, im running PHP 5.2.1 and just installed MySQL 5.0.27, I installed the mysql extension for php, restarted the apache (2.2.4) service and tried to run phpMyAdmin, only to get "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration". I checked in my php.ini file and removed the comments for the mysql extension, restarted the service, still no luck. Any ideas guys? I'm running this all on Windows XP MCE 05

Hey all, im running PHP 5.2.1 and just installed MySQL 5.0.27, I installed the mysql extension for php, restarted the apache (2.2.4) service and tried to run phpMyAdmin, only to get "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration". I checked in my php.ini file and removed the comments for the mysql extension, restarted the service, still no luck. Any ideas guys? I'm running this all on Windows XP MCE 05

Just uncommenting the mysql extension in the php.ini doesnt mean the extension will load.

You need to also setup the extension_dir directive in the php.ini. This should point to PHP's extension directory (C:/PHP/ext if you installed PHP in C:/PHP).

Also copy a file called libmysql.dll to C:/WINDOWS too. Save the php.ini and restart the server.

Also this FAQ thread will be able to help you too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same trouble.  Any insight?

Here is my test script:  www.cicenet.net/php_test.php

PHP 5.2.1

MySQL 5.0.27 (I think thats the right numbers, latest stable release)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The phpinfo you linked to shows MySQL is loaded. So what problem are you having?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.