Get real path of download.php??

mr_zhang

Hi guys,

OK, I have a problem here and who knows some of you know the answer.

You see, my internet connection often disconnects, so I have problem with downloading large files. All the downloads will restart again and again, thus wasting my bandwidth and time.

Most of the time, I use a download manager to download files. It has the "resume broken download" function, so I don't need to restart downloading from zero byte again.

I've joined some paid membership sites. They use some kind of download system that is not download manager friendly.

The download link is something like this:

http://www.domain.com/download.php?id=97

When I copy paste to browser it will download (e.g.) "collection.zip" file.

However, if I copy paste the link to a download manager, the download manager (even after I put the username and password) will download "download.php" instead of "collection.zip". :(

I've tried with GetRight, FlashGet, FlashGot, DownItAll, DAP, FreeDownloadManager, and Download Studio. I know that all of them are trial version, however, the sites guarantee that they are fully functional in a certain time limit. So, I don't think buying the licensed ones will help.

Some managers able to get the real .zip file HOWEVER, they do not support "resume broken download" for this special download link. :(

Which does not solve my real problem of having a bad internet connection. If I can't "resume broken download" then there is no point of using a download manager anyway.

I think I need to be able to "get" the real path to the file, then put it into my download manager so it could have the "resume broken download" function. Some managers above are not able to get the real path even though they are able to download the link.

So do you know how to get the real path to the files?

Regards,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.