Help pleasel unsure

DCP11OC

I need some intermediate help with this Apache HTTP Server of version 2.2 or 2.0.59 as this has occured in both versions that I have tested.

I have sucessfuly set-up a web server. I was told that I could host other files such as media. However when I do and the end user downloads such media. The track that is played is not complete. Let us pretend that I hosted your favourite song on my server, and it is x minutes long, it will play the first 3 or so seconds repetitivly for the rest of the duration of the track.

When hosting such program files, such as the actual set-up install program for the Apache HTTP Server, when the end user has downloaded it it will display the following error message:

Windows Installer

This installation package could not be opened.

Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

I do not know how this can be as this is the same installer file as of that I downloaded.

I come to-day on php freaks for help as I already have checked their FAQ and have come to no conclusion, only more questions needed to be answered.

Please can anyone help me in this situation.

If you have little uplink bandwidth on the server, and if your clients are not using a download manager, browsers might report file as finished when there is no more data coming even though it is not complete.

Also, if the files you are hosting are not on the hard drive of the server, but are served from a share, make sure the local connection to the files is solid, I've had a similar problem when I was hosting files from a network share. Apache will choke if it cannot read the source.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.