Image Gallery Drag and Drop Re-Order Using Multible Sections

theimageman

]I have an online gallery, were I was woundering if there was away to implement an ajax style drag and drop, using ajax and php. The twist is as following: The images are already dynamic, and the hole gallery look and the amount of images per row etc can be changed at any time, relsulting in as many thumbnail images as possible. So what I need to be able to do, is have away for a user to be able to multible select as many thumnbail images as they like from any row, drag and drop them at the top, or any were, so there thumnbail order is in the order they want. If you drag one, you can drop it any were. There are lots of samples of this, but I need away to select more then one at any given time.

Is this even possible at this time.

Thanks in advanced

theimageman,

I wasn't looking for an answer to your particular question today, but I ran across this:

http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/packages/dhtml-suite-for-applications/demos/demo-image-gallery-1.html

On the demo page, I was able to select several images at once ( using ctrl-click ), then drag them to the space provided by the example.

It's not exactly what you want, but I'm sure you could parse the code, and figure out how the author enabled multiple-select.

Hope it helps.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.