[SOLVED] help with previous screen...

rsammy

i am working on a patient application using php mysql. i have some records displayed as a list on screen A. i select one of the records and it takes me to screen B where I have a button that says 'Approved for Billing' for this record. when i click on this button, it updates the database and displays the list (again on screen A) this time showing the approval status as 'Yes' - it was defaulted to 'No' the first time around.

Once I approve a few records, i decide on building a batch report card. Screen A has another button 'Build Batch Report Card' that is now enabled(its disabled the first time round. but, when we get back to screen A after approving a record this button is now enabled) on this screen. When I click on this button, it takes me to screen C where the batch is built and then is displayed with a system generated batch ID. Also, these approved records now are updates so they do not show up on the list on screen A.

Now, at this point if i click on the browser's back button, it takes me back to the previsous screen - screen A as it was before i built the batch - approval status for these records still show 'Yes' whereas in the database, they are already updated and these records should no longer be displayed in the list.

if i click on the same 'Build batch report card' button once again(after clicking the Back button on browser) the system now builds a batch with no records(as there are technically no approved records) - but the button showed up as the page displayed some 'Yes' records.

how do i prevent this. how do i prevent the already 'batched' records from displaying when i go back to screen A from screen C and thereby, disabling the Build batch report button?

hope i am clear here. i am really stuck here. help please

that is the problem.

i want to use the back button to go back to the previous screen. but there shud not be any approved records this time around. it shud go back to the previous screen minus the approved records so the Build Billing Batch button shud be hidden now!!!

any way to work around this one?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.