Help with assigning values to form options?

PlugComputers

Hey,

Let me try to do my best to explain this...

I have a business website that specializes in building custom computers. Customers can use our online form to select components for their computer from various categories (Hard drive size, processor, memory, ect..)

Take a look at the page here: www.plugcomputers.com/amdschedule.php

As you can see there are many radio buttons with different computer part choices. I wanted to add some way to assign a dollar value to each different part, so the customer knows how much its costing them with each upgrade. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see some red text, I want that price to reflect the sum off all the choices they made above. Adding up all the different upgrade dollar amounts so that they have an idea how much their computer will be while selecting components.

The current red number at the bottom is the base price with all the default selected values.

For example, in the first category "Processor"

The base price includes the AMD x2 3800+, If i wanted the upgrade price for the next option (the AMD x2 4400+) to be +$50 how can I get that into the form so when the user clicks that radio the price at the bottom automatically adds $50?

Thank you and I appreciate any help...

But take this as a note..  With eveything you have on that page the person would spend hours trying to get just the right price..  Be a little more informative with your Upgrade Design..  Next to each upgrade put something like (Add $29.00) etc..  Don't want them to be all spending day jumping up and down the page to see what costs what.

Yeah thats what I was going to do. Next to the text I was going to put "[+$50]" or whatever the upgrade price was so they have some idea while sorting through all of their options..

What do you mean TRION? How could I do that? I don't really have a payment gateway setup to do a "checkout" persay..

Well it doesn't have to be checkout then.. Can be just Request Order or something rather then Check Out...

As for submit to self you would tell the form when they click update to submit to the same page again it would then calaculate the selections made and total it at the bottom.  Then if they like it they can then "Request Order".

You will need to look at a Radio Button Value code for the pass thru to see how to make it remember what radio buttons were sellected when its updated.

It might be advisable to get a shopping cart system that has what's known as a 'configurator' which is exactly what you're trying to create. It starts with the 'core' product and the person selects their options which adds to the price. Then they confirm and place their order.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.