There is a problem with my windows installer package. (PHP Install Failed)

"There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your package vendor or support personnel"

".... Your system has not been modified...." - WRONG

That's just the start. Here is my story of how installing PHP has taken over 8hrs. This morning i decided to try to install "HLstatsX" a mod for the popular games made by steam. Thats all fine and such, except, I forgot to install the extentions for MySQLconnect and such. So I thought no big deal, I can just uninstall and reinstall. YEAH RIGHT, FUNNY!

So. I end up with this error.... ok I guess I could go to php.net and find the forums, .... WRONG again.

How can I install PHP BY HAND not a buggy program.

It's 2:35am and I dont even care if this in the wrong thread, i dont care if this has been asked before.

I HAVE A HOSTING COMPANY TO RUN AND I'M NOT GETTING VERY FAR.

Please I beg you, help me.

If you are on Windows go to php.net an download the zipped binaries (zip package) not the installer. Delete any existence of PHP on your computer before extracting the zip.

Now extract the contents of the zip file to C:\php. PHP is installed. Now if you want to use mysql with PHP you will need to configure PHP to enable the mysql extension. Follow this FAQ to do so.

Now all you need to do is configure your webserver software to enable PHP on the server.

If you are using Apache I can help you. I cant help you if you have IIS as I have never used it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.