How do you make item shops like on neopets

Blazey

OK, do you know PHP and MySQL and eCommerce principles?  If not, go get some books and start there.

If you know PHP and MySQL and eCommerce principles, start building something, and when you're stumped, ask here.  We're not gonna write the script for you.  At least I'm not without getting paid!

And "like items appear and people try to buy them and haggle and stuff" is the worst description of what you want to do that I've ever heard.

I wanna help ... but you gotta start somewhere on your own first.

Simply put, this is not a place to ask general questions like:

Why is there air?

How does a plane fly?

When will the sun burn out?

What's the meaning of life?

You're expected to write your own code and when you get stuck come here with a specific question regarding why the code doesn't work.

you'd start off with a mysql database. Containing a table with the items in it. Then echo them out of an array onto the users page (on loop until no more exist). When the user enters an amount have the price drop or raise by a certain percentage. Or however complicated you wish the mathmatics to be. Then when the user buys the item have it removed from the table and entered into their session variables? (possibly another table).

I'd start with a simple design, slowly add a cash/points system and then create the items etc.

I've never used neopets before or made a cash/points/sales system. This is just a guesstimation. Take it and re-post when you are stuck.

If you do not know php at all, it's quite ambitious. Read up. w3schools.com

Snooble

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.