Apache file size problem?

w3sl3y2003

Hi all,

I have a problem with a video i'm allowing browsers to download from my intranet website (using HTTP). It's about 78.5MB in size. People are able to download the entire video to their local machine or just watch it without saving it. The problem is that the complaints i'm getting from people is really strange. Some people download or watch the video and get the error message that says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." , and other people who choose to download the video to their machine get a file that varies in size but is always less than the actual file size (Eg. the size of the file might be 22MB one time and 17MB the next) even though the "download" dialog box shows that the file is 100% downloaded.

Does this problem stem from a problem apache might have with large files?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.