Question(I think about arrays)

Unholy Prayer

It's an associateive array.  In java they inherit from the java.util.Dictionary class which is kind of a good way to think about them.  You have a key (think word) and a value think (definition).  This allows you you to do things like this:

<?php
$dictionary = array('bird' => 'Something that flies', 'dog' => 'something that barks');
echo $dictionary['dog'];
// prints: something that barks.
?>

Best,

Patrick

Ok, So how do I get something like {SITE_NAME} to display a string that gets the site name from a database?  If my code is

$settings = mysql_query("select * from ubs_settings where id=1");

while($s=mysql_fetch_array($settings))

{

$sitename=$s["sitename"];

$slogan=$s["slogan"];

}

how would I make {SITE_NAME} to display $sitename?

From my understanding writing MODs for phpbb, you have to have the tpl files included, using a function.  I wrote a mod that will display the user's theme next to their post in viewtopic.php, I added this to the associative array:

'POSTER_THEME' => $poster_style,

Then, in the tpl file, I added this where I wanted the theme name to appear:

{postrow.POSTER_THEME}

postrow was the name of the array.  I don't know anything about how to associate the template file and the associative array, I'm sure other people here do though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.