A little help with processing a string

sierradog70

Hey,

I have a form I am making for my site.  Lets say the form is on page1.php.  The user enters a domain on that form (ex domain-777.com)

It sends all this to page2.php

Now on page2.php I want the script to find out how many hiphens and numbers the entry has.  I want it to know they entered 1 hiphen and 3 numbers.

I believe I do this with the strstr function, but I am not sure.  Even if I do, I don't know exactly how to do it.

Please help

Thanks!

-Matt

The 1 selects the mode the function runs in.  There's a list on that page near the top.

The $i variable is the key.. the array returned looks like this:

array(

'c' => 5,

'.' => 1,

'-' => 3,

);

That foreach loop sets $i to be the "key" or "index", which is the character, and $val to be the "value", which is the number of times character $i appears in the string.

Try the example script with a few input strings to get an idea of what's going on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.