Shopping Cart

Sorry...This is a vague post.

To add CC facility you need to use a payment procesing company.  PayPal is the obvious....but others such as Protx are more accommodating in style, presentation and flexibility.

To recieve payments you need an Internet Mercahnt account.  These are avaiable from Banks

1. Set up cart.

2. Set up mercahnt account

3. Set up transfer of cart info to payment processing company

4. Payment processing returns user to your success or failure page.

5. If successful they transfer the money into your Internet Merchant Account.

to add to what willpower said: sessions are MUCH better than using cookies. an SSL Certificate (can be purchased from VeriSign) is CRUCIAL to allowing online purchases using a creditcard. otherwise, your customers will be notified that they are browsing a non-secure site when they give their credit card information. PayPal has a LOT of documentation with integrating their API Gateway. i've integrated 3 different 3rd party shopping carts with different levels of integration with a PayPal merchant account.

Id correct that an SSL certificate is ONLY required if you are HANDLING sensitive data.  If the user data is entered on the Payment Server...your ok (clearly as long as they are reputable and do posses one!)

Many people STILL purhase one to add to buyer confidence....but thats a choice and budge issue

Id correct that an SSL certificate is ONLY required if you are HANDLING sensitive data.  If the user data is entered on the Payment Server...your ok (clearly as long as they are reputable and do posses one!)

Many people STILL purhase one to add to buyer confidence....but thats a choice and budge issue

exactly, and that's where the 'levels of integration' come in.

PayPal offers for you to be able to forward users to PayPal.com to complete their transaction. Or alternatively you could integrate it so that the user never leaves your page, and has no idea paypal is handling the transaction.

Hi,

I normally send my clients to paypal, but I see alot of sites where you dont leave their site through out the transaction. Also seems faster and more than likely keep the users on yer site.

I have converted my cart to sessions.

Basically im after a transaction where they can stay on my site throughout it, and so the client doesnt have to join or login to a third party murchant.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.