Debugging Ajax

stockton

Is there a way to debug/trace Ajax.

I have a scenario where the individual bits appear to work but when linked together via Ajax does not produce the required data.

I have an HTML page calling JavaScript which via Ajax calls a php application on the server which calls a MSSQL Stored Procedure to retrieve data which should be returned to the client.

The server based php, when run on the command line returns the correct data if one adds an echo.

Now how to I check that the HTML call to Ajax works and that the Ajax to server based php works?

Thank you for your suggestion.

The way I solved it was with:-

var Message = "Event....." + Event + "\n";

Message += "CardNumber ......" + CardNumber + "\n";

confirm(Message);

to the first called javascript function. This therefore shows that not only did Ajax get called but it was also passed the correct values.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.