Recover from lost tables from InnoDb ibdata1 files

path2u

I am really hoping someone can help us ... from lightworker.com a non-profit company who just lost our dedicated server hard drive. We discovered shortly afterwards that our backup service backed up the web directories, but NOT the MySQL DB's themselves. OUCH !!!

We have Fedora Core 4 dedicated server, running Plesk control panel, with MySQL ver: 4.1.20-1.FC4.1

We recovered some of our DB's, but not the most critical ones, and I noticed while searching through the recovered hard drive data that

there is a large ( 18.8G ) ibdata1 file in the /var/lib/mysql/ directory. I found out that this is the data file for the InnoDB type of setup.

What I am hoping is that, our data can be recovered from this in some way, even if this means we end up converting to InnoDb as our default DB afterwards. Can anyone here help me, or point me in a direction that could help ??

thanks a ton,

Jesse

???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.