Time Problem

Drezard

alright heres my code:

$online = 1;

$query = "SELECT * FROM user_ids WHERE online='$online'";

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. ".mysql_error());

$count = mysql_num_rows($result);

$timestamp = date(YmdGi);
	$old_timestamp = $timestamp - 5;

$query = "SELECT user FROM user_ids WHERE online='$online'";

$result_user = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. ".mysql_error());

$query = "SELECT timestamp FROM user_ids WHERE online='$online'";

$result_time = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. ".mysql_error());

for ($i = 0; $i <= $count; $i++) {

while ($row_time = mysql_fetch_array($result_time)) {

$user_timestamp = $row_time[i];

while ($row_user = mysql_fetch_array($result_user)) {

$user = $row_user[i];

if ($old_timestamp >= $user_timestamp) {

$online = 0;

$query = "UPDATE user_ids SET online='$online' WHERE user='$user'";

$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. ".mysql_error());

}

} 

}

}

echo "Users online: $count";

Now, this is my code....

In the database I have something like this:

TABLE user_ids:

USER                                            TIMESTAMP                                     ONLINE
peter                                            200703071932                                       0
paul                                             200703071952                                        1
john                                              200703071532                                       0

Now, I want my script to go through my database (in the other parts of code it connects to the database and all of that... its just the output that i dont like)

Its currently 2035 where i live. Now, I want my script to search through the database for all the users that have an online status of 1... then search the database and get the timestamp... if the timestamp is greater then 5 mins old. I want the script to change the users online status to 0 (offline). So, I should get a count of all the users that have a timestamp that is newer then 5 mins. Now, what is wrong with my above script?

(The script is currently running on www.wintersword.com/users_online.php if you would like to see the output im getting.)

- Cheers, Daniel

Please HELP... I dont care if i have to answer a few questions, so what exactly do u want? or such...

Would this query do it?

$query = "UPDATE user_ids
SET online = 0
WHERE timestamp < '$old_timestamp'
AND online = 1";

Then to count the users online:

$query = "SELECT count(*) FROM user_ids WHERE online = 1";

Still more problems...

$timestamp = date(YmdGi);
	$old_timestamp = $timestamp - 5;

$query = "UPDATE user_ids SET online = 0 WHERE timestamp < '$old_timestamp' AND online = 1";

$query = "SELECT * FROM user_ids WHERE online='$online'";

$count = mysql_num_rows($result);

echo "Users online: $count";

is that what it should be?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.