update blues

eciym

Hi, I have this update query and it looks fine to me, however it doesn't update. Could somebody please explain why it doesnt update? It prints out all the variables, it's suposed to.

Thanks

function byttpass($password)   {

$db = mysql_connect("localhost","user", "password") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_select_db("db",$db) or die(mysql_error());

echo "+++++ $db +++++";

$id = mysql_escape_string($id);
         $password = mysql_escape_string(md5($password));

/*echo "$id";
	 echo "$password";
          $result = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT id, username, password, token, session, ip FROM member WHERE id = '{$id}'"), MYSQL_ASSOC);
	  echo "----- $result ------";*/

$update = mysql_query("UPDATE member SET password='$password' WHERE id = '{$id}'") or DIE ($this->query_error);
          $result = mysql_query($update);
          $this->message .= '<p>lösenord uppdaterade</p>';
	  $_POST = "updated";
          $this->set_session($result,true); //log user on
          return true;
		}

<?php
$update = mysql_query("UPDATE member SET password='$password' WHERE id = '{$id}'") or DIE ($this->query_error);
?>

change this to:

<?php
$update = mysql_query("UPDATE member SET password='$password' WHERE id = '$id'") or DIE ($this->query_error);
?>

monk.e.boy

What i tend to do is try and narrow the fault down

use mysql_error() and then yuo will get an output driectly from MYSQL and that shoudl help you narrow it down.

for example:

$update = mysql_query("UPDATE member SET password='$password' WHERE id = '$id'") or DIE ("Mysql Returned: ". mysql_error(). " ". mysql_errno());

typicly mysql will return an error message and number that will help u sus out the proplemmo :)

OK I changed the script like you said, however it doesnt give an error message, just runs like it did the update, but doesnt change the database. Another problem i had was an error messsage about headers that somebody here suggested using start_ob() to fix *(there are no spaces on the scripts that usually cause this error). perhaps that has got something to do with it? error message reads

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ptf/member_class.php:132) in ptf/member_class.php on line 92.

But perhaps that is a red herring

90  function update_cookie($token)  {

91  $cookie = serialize(array($_SESSION['username'],$token));

92  setcookie('remember',$cookie, time()+12099600);

}

131 $ip = mysql_escape_string($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

132 print "check session /_$id  /_$token /_$session /_$ip /_ $cookie /_ $username /_";

133 $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM member WHERE id='{$id}' AND token='{$token}' AND session='{$session}' AND ip='{$ip}'") or DIE ($this->query_error5);

134if ($result != false){

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.