MyISAM, InnoDB or Both?

brashquido

Hi All,

I'm got several fairly low trafficked sites (nothing over 10,000 page views a month) on a VPS with 512MB RAM running Windows 2003 Server, IIS6, PHP 4.4.4, MySQL 4.1.20 and a handful of other services. So basically I have very limited system resources.

I've been trying to tune MySQL over the past few days and am finding I've very limited on the amount of memory I can allocate to it. Just wondering if it would be better in my case to only use MyISAM? My sites are not heavy on writes (not much forum activity, etc) and that way I could free up the memory being used for the InnoDB cache for other services. What would the pros/cons of doing this be? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.