Help with Sphider search

mantisinc

Hello all,

First time on this forum, very nice I have to say :D

Okay, I am having a little bit of trouble with sphider search box. I have installed it okay, and it is working great. Have got a search box globally on the website, and all is good.

However, what I would like to do, is put a search box on an external site, that when a query is entered and searched, it will search on the sphider search at the initial website.

So, here is an example.

Sphider search is installed on the website 321.com. And I have got a search box on 654.com which links directly to search the engine on 321.com.

So, if I was to do a search on 645.com, it would link okay to the search, but there would be an error in the URL. Say if I searched "cheese":

http://www.321.com/search.php?query2=cheese&search2=1

It would look like this. But, the "2" after "query" and the "2" after "search" should not be there...and with the extra 2 in the URL, it just returns a blank result.

It should look like this:

http://www.321.com/search.php?query=cheese&search=1

It is very wierd. If entering a query on 321.com it returns the result with the right URL, with no mysterious "2"s in the URL, but when entering a query from an external site, these "2"s appear.

Why is this happening, and what can I do to stop this?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.