merging my phpbb forums into my site?

flash-sod

Hi all, i am looking for a way to merge my phbb forums into my php site. I have tried frames ect. though doesnt look very good. Does any body here know a good tutorial to embed phpbb forums into a php site? so it looks more like a portal.

I know the phpnuke portal have done it some how? Thanks for your time  ;)

Heres the site www.sodsquad.co.uk its not a portal though i would like to make it into a portal once i learn a bit more on programming. Do you know any portal programming tutorials? Also is there a way i could remove the login from the forums and just have it on the main site? Thanks again  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

PHP_fetch_all is a script I've used to be able to do a portal of sorts. It allows you to syndicate virtually any forum data onto (an)other page(s) of your site. If all you're wanting to do is to be able to serve data from your forums onto other pages of your site and to be able to log in from the site home, PHP_fetch_all and the previously mentioned login mod will do what you're wanting.

If you're wanting to fully port your forum, why not select one of the full portals that have already been written? I guess I'm not understanding what it is you're wanting that nuke or another portal wont do.... And you can always just skin your forum to look like your current site and add blank pages to your forum installation so that you can integrate static/informational pages (there are several mods to do it effectively). THe final suggestion would be what I'd probably do if the forum is the main drawing card for your site.......

If you can clarify what it is you're hoping to accomplish, maybe I can be of assitance. I'm not a pro, but my thinking is regimented and I can read a manual.

Well what it is, i have a site up and running with forums and i do not want to remove these forums and start again since there is alot of posts that i dont want deleted. So i want to merge these forums with the rest of the site, what i mean by that is when you login on the home page your also loged in on forums ect. If you can help me out add me on msn : flash-@hotmail.co.uk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.