Include Php File The Dissapears Please Help!

jamboemm

Hi all,

I am new to PHP and i am trying to include a top navigation to my page so i only need to change the link once for all my pages.

But when i use the code  <?php include('top.php'); ?> at the top of my page and i have content underneith it , all my content dissapears and it wont let me edit it unless i take the  <?php include('top.php'); ?> out of the code.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Thank You!

Jamie

Hi thanks for your response,

My content is there when viewed online but i canot see it withing dreamweaver to edit it,

I have my navigation content on the top.php and my main content on index.php and all i have done is added the include top.php code at the very top of my index.php page and underneith that i have my main content.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks Again

Jamie

oh really :S

Am not very good with code, there must be a way of being in design view when using php cause the option isint disabled its just for some reason my content dissapeard ehrn i put in the inclus top.php code, a thought a saw something about seperating the page so it knows where to start and stop.

Can anyone help me?

Jamie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.