cms in php

christophe

hi there

im currently making a cms system in php for websites

what i would like is

in the admin area a user can select which "side box" they would like on a particular page for example

in the admin area you can add content to the home page. What i need to be able to do is add html to homepage in the form of a checkbox.

so if the 1st checkbox is selected. The homepage will show html for checkbox 1

and if the third checkbox is selected. The homepage will show html for checkbox 3

Hopefully you can understand

thanks

Alex

hi there

im currently making a cms system in php for websites

what i would like is

in the admin area a user can select which "side box" they would like on a particular page for example

in the admin area you can add content to the home page. What i need to be able to do is add html to homepage in the form of a checkbox.

so if the 1st checkbox is selected. The homepage will show html for checkbox 1

and if the third checkbox is selected. The homepage will show html for checkbox 3

Hopefully you can understand

thanks

Alex

If your building a CMS system which is no easy feat (i know i have built several of them) then you should know how to do them.

but basicly you want the checkbox to put a marker into a SQL to show that you want the program to use a certain set of strings.

for example you could put this on the page you want the everchaging HTML:

//>> get from database.
if ($ckbx1 == "true")
{
    include "string_set_1.php";
}

and then you could put something like this to actully put it your request into the db:

if (!isset($ckbx1))
{
    //>>stuff for putting into the SQL
}

Thanks for your replies much appreciated

Indeed this is a large project and im a noob so if i can do it......well anyone can.

i have my own company and i get lots of request to make 1-3 page websites.

With my sytem  i can do these sites easy... half a day and they are done. EASY MONEY

all i have to do is create a theme for there site and they can add there content.

and without this site my sytem would never have taken off

so i thank the creator/creators of this site and all the people that freqeunt it and help guys like me get by

A big thankyou to everyone on phpfreaks

Kind regards

Alex

Thanks for your replies much appreciated

Indeed this is a large project and im a noob so if i can do it......well anyone can.

i have my own company and i get lots of request to make 1-3 page websites.

With my sytem  i can do these sites easy... half a day and they are done. EASY MONEY

all i have to do is create a theme for there site and they can add there content.

and without this site my sytem would never have taken off

so i thank the creator/creators of this site and all the people that freqeunt it and help guys like me get by

A big thankyou to everyone on phpfreaks

Kind regards

Alex

the first thing i ever wrote in php was a bridal registry CMS, along with public pages, and then integrated it with a 3rd party shopping cart... it took me 3 weeks... but i did it! afterall, my job depended on it :)

get some code goin, and we can help you from there. some great tutorial sites are tizag and w3schools. those sites explain the very basics of php. however, building the kind of CMS you want will be relatively basic, and can be done with basic knowledge. good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.