[SOLVED] Blogger Reverse Post Order

robindean

There's already a huge javascript out that does this but it's really robust. I've already gotten it working but PHP is such a hot mistress that I simply have to delve in.

What I want to do is rearrange content so that it lists chronologically (earliest date on top, latest date on bottom).

So far, my template is as follows (note that this is used to post upcoming concerts, so past shows are rendered "hidden") ...

Any takers?

Code:

<?php

$date = date("Ymd");

<blogger>if ($date <= <blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>)
{
print ('<span class="blue"><b>');
print date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>'));
print (' - <$blogitemtitle$></b></span><br><$blogitembody$><br><br>');
}
</blogger>

?>

... There are going to be many of these. How do I get them to print chronologically?

It does work.

The blogger tags are replaced by content.

Everything between <blogger> and </blogger> runs as a loop, depending on how many posts I publish.

Hence, where you see "blogdateheaderdate" ... that's the yyyymmdd tag for the date it was published (if current date is less than or = blogger publish date, print yada).

I simply adjust the date on my publishing for upcoming shows and voila.

Any ideas for reversing the post order?

Thanks and will do, although I might not be savvy enough right off the bat.

The javascript that is out there creates a "container" for everything before rearranging it. I want to recreate this for php.

I'm trying to find a way to assign an id, such as $idname<bloggerdate> (to produce something like $idname20070315), and then have the id names be reordered before printing to screen chronologically.

How might I do this?

if you have a value say $x = "idname20070315"; you can use $$x = "some value"; which will make $idname2070315 = "some value";

I would put them into an array instead and do a sort on the array. You can sort in reverse which is what you want just make sure the key is 20070315 or the value to do this.

see php.net sort for more information.

hmmm ... it's going to be more complicated, I think.

<blogger>everything in between</blogger> == one variable.

I need to encompass EVERYTHING between <blogger> and </blogger> into a variable, then rearrange all of the variables via an array, then print the rearranged version of the content.

Let's say I have 3 posts which I've published via blogger. That would convert this ...

<?php

$date = date("Ymd");

<blogger>if ($date <= <blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>)
{
print ('<span class="blue"><b>');
print date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>'));
print (' - <$blogitemtitle$></b></span><br><$blogitembody$><br><br>');
}
</blogger>

?>

into this ...

<?php

$date = date("Ymd");

if ($date <= 20070318)
{
print date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('20070318'));
print (' - Live Performance @ Poopy Joe/'s Poop Shack</b></span><br>Be there or smell better</span><br><br>we/'re gonna have a poopy time<br><br>');
}
if ($date <= 20070316)
{
print date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('20070316'));
print (' - Live Performance @ Bumb Spankers Hoo-Ha</b></span><br>Featuring Linda Lovelace</span><br><br>we/'re gonna have a bang<br><br>');
}
if ($date <= 20070313)
{
print date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('20070313'));
print (' - Live Performance @ Yo Yo Ma/'s Mama/'s House</b></span><br>Featuring Yo Yo Ma on Cello and Skin Flute</span><br><br>Mama be bakin/'<br><br>');
}

?>

Now, assuming that todays date is March 15th, only the first two posts will be displayed (be reminded, I'm posting with future dates because these are upcoming music performances).

The reason, if not obvious, is because the third $dates is NOT greater than or equal to the date of the post.

So, this much I have working and working nicely. The problem is that I don't want for viewers to see the last show on my schedule first. I want them to see the NEXT upcoming show FIRST.

I need to rewrap everything which falls below/between $date = date("Ymd"); and ?> in chronological order by $date.

My calculations on how to even start are foggy. Any help will just make me that much smarter.

I got it working. Here's a scaled down rendering of what I came up with. Note that it makes use of layout elements the one likely wouldn't want on their site as opposed to my own ...

<?php
$date = date("Ymd");
<blogger>$post<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader> = "<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>";
$date<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader> = date("n.j.Y (l)",strtotime('<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>'));
$body<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader> = " - <$blogitemtitle$></b></span><br><span class=\"purple\"><$blogitembody$><br><br>";
$build<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader> = $post<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>.$date<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>.$body<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>;
</blogger>$array = array(<blogger>$build<blogdateheader><$blogdateheaderdate$></blogdateheader>, </blogger>null);
sort($array);
foreach ($array as $output)
{
print substr($output, ;
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.