facebook image tagging

DjNaF

A tagging feature that is integrated with “My Photos”.

It allows you to add a textual descriptor (tag or person’s name) to a specific point in the

image.

This allows the module to describe who or what are included in a specific album.

When the images are viewed, placing the mouse over a tag displays a fixed sized square

indicating where the tag (person) is located within the image.

This enables users to identify objects by visual inspection or by matching the list of

contained objects with their tag displays

Another capability incorporates the site’s concept of friends. If the person you tag is

identified as your friend on the site, their name will link to their profile.

The site will also count this image in the “photos of” feature on their profile, allowing

inclusion of photos added by other users.

Anyone got an idea how this concept is working? and The image tagging thing, i think its in AJAX maybe, any ideas how to do that, or already scripts using this?

Thank you

I don't think it is AJAX. I think you would have to lay something over the image. Either that or import the image into Flash and lay the links and whatnot over the image. If you can't figure it out I would post it in the PHP forum. You will get an answer faster with some kind of help I'm sure.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.