Need help uploading a saved mysql server file please.

11Tami

Hi, I am learning how to export and import mysql files. It will only import them if database is brand new. How do I upload an existing database? I tried using, all different options under  “Export Type”  .....insert, update, and replace, but none of them would update an existing database with the same name. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thank you very much.

Thank you, Yes this is how it looks. I'll put an asterick next to the ones that

have checkmarks.

*Structure

Add DROP TABLE

Add IF NOT EXISTS

*Add AUTO_INCREMENT value

*Enclose table and field names with backquotes

Data

*Complete inserts

*Extended inserts

Maximal length of created query

Use delayed inserts

Use ignore inserts

*Use hexadecimal for binary fields

Export type

INSERT

Thank you. Just the usual database name, several tables and several things in the tables.

Nothing special done with tables or the fields in the tables. On the fields in the  tables I only adjust one column for "type." There most fields are marked as "text" one for "date"  and a few for "varchar" so I can limit how many items are added to a few of the fields. "Type" is the only category for fields that I use.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.