Member Profile Page

RSprinkel

Hi All,

I want to be able to add certain a few things into a Member Profile page that I currently have now.  If I can get the help for ONLY one of the items I will be able to do the others with the same info pretty much.

I currently run a Nascar Racing 2003 Season League and am looking for a few things.

Right now I have a Roster/Member page, when someone clicks on a Members name it pulls a page up with their information.  What I want to be able to do is display an image for that given person.  I have a page in the Admin Section to where I can manage their stats and Stuff.  So I want to be able to add an image from that page into the database for that members name and then display that image when a given members name has been selected in their Profile.

I hope this makes sense, LOL.

Thanks much for any help in advance.

RSprinkel

you can either choose to store images in the database

OR you can store the url of the image

for the actual image, you can choose to have them upload their picture themselves to your domain

OR have them link pictures hosted on other sites like imageshack.us

if you have a registration form you can simply add a section where they can add an avatar

OR you can have an option of letting the user edit his information and also add things to the database, like images as well

dsaba,

Thanks much for the help, yes I want to be able to store the image in a database.

I just don't know what the code would be to actually use in the Admin Profile Update form is to be able to upload the image.  Thats pretty much what I am looking for.  I know the code to pull the info, just the code getting the info into the db is my problem, LOL.

Again Thanks much for the help.

sorry i'm still learning php so I can't whip out some code for uploading images in php off the top of my head

however, this is what i reccommend:

google "upload images with php" you'll find some nice tutorials

once you upload the picture with php, you can then choose to insert the url of that picture into the database with INSERT INTO, or UPDATE

-that is what I would do

more complicated is you could actually send the image data into the database, and there is probably a tut for that as well :)

but storing the urls to the images in the database is better because it saves your db space as well as its easier to do

good luck

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.