Time based events in Javascript

flappy_warbucks

Hi!

Now i am normally a PHP man myself, and only really use Javascript when i really need to, but i have a problem that only Javascript can solve :(

basically what i am looking for is a way to do time based events in javascript.

what i need to do is stop a button from being pressed for about a minute from the time the page is loaded.

So basically the scenario i am looking for is this:

one of my users log into the system and they are given details of what they have to do, i know that for a fact this activity cannot be done in less then 1 minute so to stop the user just clicking willy nilly (that's randomly for the who's at home) i only want the button to become active after about a minute from the time the page loads, to stop the users getting better jobs etc.

i have tried googling to no avail :'( so now i am calling out to you guys :)

any and all help gratefully received and appreciated.

Anty!

Hope you're not being obnoxious to your users cause you will lose them if you do but here goes:

In the head section of your doc put:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var allowlinks = false; //no links allowed
    var t=setTimeout("allowlinks = true", 60000); //links will be allowed!
</script>

http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_timing.asp

code each link like this:

<a href="the url" onclick="if (allowlinks) return true; else return false;">Go here</a>

or submit button:

<input type="submit" value="submit" onclick="if (allowlinks) return true; else return false;">

Hope you're not being obnoxious to your users cause you will lose them if you do but here goes:

In the head section of your doc put:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var allowlinks = false; //no links allowed
    var t=setTimeout("allowlinks = true", 60000); //links will be allowed!
</script>

http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_timing.asp

code each link like this:

<a href="the url" onclick="if (allowlinks) return true; else return false;">Go here</a>

or submit button:

<input type="submit" value="submit" onclick="if (allowlinks) return true; else return false;">

haha na there is a good reason why i am doing this and belive it or not its being done so its more fair on the other sales people. :)

Anyways Thank you :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.