PHP/HTML Form to post into a hidden PHPBB Forum

Aamis

Hi, I'm trying to make a PHP/HTML Form that after it was finished being filled out, and was submitted, it would post it in a hidden forum that only administrator on the forum could view. I'm not 100% sure if this is even possible, but if it is, how hard would be to accomplish?

I am the webmaster for my World of Warcraft guilds website, we currently have our application process in such a way that it is viewable to the public when someone actually submits an application to our guild, thus we have had guilds of the same stature (progression rate etc.) actually stealing applicants from us, and were looking for a way to... hide the applications, however still keep it forum integrated due to the fact that my guild master is lazy and doesn't want to have to check email and forums everyday.

Does it matter the purpose? Now I could understand you wanting more details of the process, but does his reason matter if you know how?

And to asnwer his question, it has theoretical possibilities. All you need to do is find all the relevant PHP code for posting into a forum. Basically, where it needs to be placed in the database, make sure all your variables are named appropriately when passing through pages, and what your SQL query would be when inputting it. I know many sites integrate the login system of phpBB with that of their own site so that you only have to login once. So as long as you can decipher the code, you can figure out how to incorporate the two.

Create the hidden forum on the forums admin panel.

Have the user submit the form via a web site, send the data to a PHP form processor that connects to the phpBB database with the correct username and password for the database, and have the form processor insert the the data in to the database.

It will take some time to figure out what data it has to insert, and I'm pretty sure that it has to go in to more than on table. It's possible but will take some research to figure out.

You could take a look at the source code of the page that processes the form when you make a post on the forums itself, that should give you a good idea of how to go about it.

Create the hidden forum on the forums admin panel.

Have the user submit the form via a web site, send the data to a PHP form processor that connects to the phpBB database with the correct username and password for the database, and have the form processor insert the the data in to the database.

It will take some time to figure out what data it has to insert, and I'm pretty sure that it has to go in to more than on table. It's possible but will take some research to figure out.

You could take a look at the source code of the page that processes the form when you make a post on the forums itself, that should give you a good idea of how to go about it.

In other words... quite a lengthy process? Just trying to think of a way that would be the least hassle to actually look at each application, had this in theory been simple, or something someone had done, I'd do it, but if it's lengthy I'll try to think of something else.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.