[SOLVED] (!ereg("^[A-za-z0-0-9]+$",$ help needed

NSW42

Heya,

im all new to php mysql but getting there, im stuck with a issue on !reg, what mine does with this (!ereg("^[A-za-z0-0-9]+$",$_POST[nickname])) it checks the data base ok for all nick names, but what im having trouble with is, i have assic nicknames, so the actual name gets inserted into the db like this

Pεpşı™ but if someone joins it tells them to Enter a Valid nickname with letters and numbers only, i know its saying the correct thing as the (!ereg("^[A-za-z0-0-9] is for plain names only, if anyone can help out with a ireg that allows the assic would be much appreciated..

Thanks to anyone that can help

everything is fine, they can change there nickname once there in chat to assic, its just when they joinup, it just says incorrect valid, if i take out the checke and ereg they can joinup with any nickname, but then that presents a problem with it not checking the db for nickname being available or in use.

everything is fine, they can change there nickname once there in chat to assic, its just when they joinup, it just says incorrect valid, if i take out the checke and ereg they can joinup with any nickname, but then that presents a problem with it not checking the db for nickname being available or in use.

on registeration it tells u if nickname is taken, but if its available it just comes up with use valid nickname with letters and numbers only.

thats my other issue, i have not put in a checkn in the change nickname script as yet, until i get this 1st part sorted out as i know that i  will end up with the same issue and no one will be able to change there nickname.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.